In this post “3 phase induction motor questions and answers” you will read multiple phase questions and answers related to three phase motor.
Important 3 phase induction motor questions and answers
01. Which speed is called as synchronous speed in 3 phase induction motor?
- No load speed
- Full load speed
- Rotating magnetic field speed
- Relative speed between stator and rotor
02. What is the synchronous speed of a A.C 3 phase induction motor having 6 poles at a frequency of 50 Hertz?
- 800 rpm
- 1000 rpm
- 1200 rpm
- 1440 rpm
03. What is the rotor frequency of a 3 phase squirrel cage induction motor at the time of starting?
- Equal to supply frequency
- 3 times less than supply frequency
- 3 times more than supply frequency
- times less than supply frequency
04. The Following starter will give better starting torque to below 5 HP Squirrel cage induction motor ?
- DOL Starter
- Star Delta Starter
- Auto Transformer Starter
- None of the Above
05. The Function of Damper Winding in a Synchronous motor is to ?
- Reduce Hunting Effect
- Start Motor
- Stop The Motor
- Reduce Hunting Effect and Start Motor